Since 1961 A story of conservation

Geauga Park District was established in August 1961 under authority of Chapter 1545 of the Ohio Revised Code by Probate Judge Robert B. Ford. Its first interpretive programs, a series of bird walks at Punderson State Park, were held in 1962. At just 4 acres, Woodin Road Park became its first park in 1964.