Sunday, April 22 • 11 AM to 3 PM • The West Woods
Join our Natural Resource Management team on Earth Day for presentations by wildlife experts, live animals, a Nature craft, amphibian/reptile show & tell, wildlife discovery walks, the Hunger Squad food truck and more!
The theme this year is “Your Backyard.” Here’s what we have planned:
11 AM-12:30 PM
- 11 AM-12:30 PM Bird Mist Netting/Banding
- 11-11:30 AM “Special Plants & Animals in Your Backyard” presented by Park Biologist Paul Pira and other Natural Resource Management staff
- 11:30 AM-Noon “Helping the Earth from Home” presented by Gail Prunty from the Geauga County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Noon-12:15 PM “Organic Lawn Care for Your Home” presented by Mel Hauser from Good Nature Lawn Care
- 12:15-12:30 PM Break, plant giveaways, refreshments, etc.
- 12:30-1:30 PM “Live Birds of Prey Show: Ohio’s Raptors” presented by Harvey Webster of the Cleveland Museum of Natural History
- 1-3 PM Bird walks, Nature craft (seed bombs), live amphibians/reptiles show-n-tell, garlic mustard pull contest, etc.
- 2-2:15 PM “Backyard Stream Stewardship” presented by Kim Brewster of the Chagrin River Watershed Partners
- 2:20-3 PM “Coyotes in Northeast Ohio” presented by Jon Cepak of Cleveland Metroparks