From the Desk of Park Biologist Paul Pira -
Here is some more detail on the great fishing opportunities to be had at Geauga Park District:
1) Bass Lake Preserve: One of the best kept fishing secrets out there (oops...maybe not anymore). There is very good fishing for Largemouth Bass and Crappie on this 169-acre lake just outside of Chardon. Fishing is limited by permit only; permits can be obtained on this website under Make a Reservation, the Boat Permits.
2) Walter C. Best Preserve: Nice-sized Yellow Perch have been stocked here for a number of years now. There should be fishable populations of this very tasty fish, as well as good population of Sunfish (Bluegill) for anglers.
3) Eldon Russell Park: Early springtime anglers enjoy catching Northern Pike here. This is one of the few places around NE Ohio to catch these exceptional sportfish.
4) Headwaters Park: Beautiful scenery and great wildlife (bald eagles, ospreys, etc.) add to your fishing experience on this large reservoir. Best fishing is for Largemouth Bass and Sunfish.
5) Beartown Lakes Reservation: Rainbow Trout are stocked here in late fall for anglers to enjoy.
We also annually stock our smaller ponds located at Swine Creek Reservation, Big Creek Park, Orchard Hills Park, etc. Enjoy!